Freitag, 17. Dezember 2010

Fundstücke Dezember

Ich sehe was, was Du nicht siehst...und manchmal eben auch nicht! Nämlich immer dann, wenn ich ohne Brille unterwegs bin.
Aber das bin ich fast nie - siehe selbst!
I spy something with my eye...and sometimes I don't! That is, when I'm without my glasses. But that's hardly ever - see!


Ohne meine Brille fühle ich mich immer ein wenig hilflos. Für ein paar Fotos ist das schon okay, aber wenn man länger in historischer Kleidung unterwegs ist - Brillenträger kennen das Problem. Eine moderne Brille stört irgendwie...also was macht man da - vor allem, wenn die Augen dazu neigen schnell zu tränen und Kontkatlinsen nicht wirklich empfehlenswert sind.
Without my glasses I feel kind of vulnarable. It's okay for taking a few photos, but for an event - if you usually wear glasses, you'll know the problem.
Modern glasses somehow don't go with historical dresses...so what to do -
especially if your eyes easily run with tears and contact lenses aren't an option.

Vor einiger Zeit habe ich ein paar alte Brillen erworben und hoffte, nun ist das Problem gelöst, aber mein Optiker konnte in die zierlichen Gestelle keine Gläser einsetzen.
Some time ago I started collecting a few old glasses, hoping the problem would be solved, but my optician wasn't able to install "new" glasses into the old delicate frames.

Also änderte ich eine neue Brille in eine "alte" Brille. (Im folgenden Bild in der Mitte)
I simply altered a pair of new glasses into "old" glasses. (The one in the middle in the following picture)


2 Kommentare:

  1. It's so nice seeing period eyewear used for reenactment. One of my huge pet peeves is reenactors wearing modern glasses. Yours are lovely!

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Thank you, Lauren. I only wish the fastenings at the sides of the glasses would be different, they still do not resemble the original pair. If there would only be more opticians who offer "old glasses".

    AntwortenLöschen